Monday, May 23, 2011

Wish You Weren't Here

We walk along the beach staring at other people's feet
Trying not to say go away to one another
What was once a glorious day has turned to a low tide
Never again will we be high.

I wish I could cry but what for
Your kisses have turned to sea salt
I used to love you more but now
We just seem to love less
But isn't there enough hate in this world
To go around without us wishing
We were not here.

I send you a postcard of the sea yet
I will not be surprised if it gets buried
Beneath the sand cuz what was once
A sea shore romance
Star gazing and reflections
Of a pizza pie in blue has turned
Into a low tide that will never again
Go high.

I used to love you more but now
I avoid it all
I think I will bury away
Our shells and beach balls.
Wash away my castle in the sand
Cuz I am through with
This long term stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment